- Can be extremely hot under the sun, to the point that you cannot walk on them barefoot.
- Expand and shrink with temperature changes, which means that your miter cuts and gaps will never stay well adjusted. We recommend you take a picture of your composite deck the day it is built because that’s the nicest it’ll ever look.
- Have a cheap, plastic-ish look that doesn’t feel good for the price, does it?
- The top layer can peel off while pressure washing.
- Fade over the years, and there is nothing you can do about it. When composite starts to fade, it only gets worse.
- Scratch with everyday use, a simple rock under your shoe or your dog's claws will leave a mark forever.
- Can be slippery in the winter or with a thin layer of water.
Tanzite STONEDECK Advantages
- Lifetime warranty*
- It stays cool under the sun
- Stability to temperature changes
- Resistant to weather changes
- Fade-free: it will look amazing in 20 years
- Low maintenance
- An authentic stone or wood look
- Easy to clean: will maintain its pristine look even after pressure washing
- Safety! Non-slip. The top layer has a roughness comparable to medium grain sandpaper
Stone Makes the Best Deck!
How Tanzite is Made
Like man-made diamonds, Tanzite is a stone made using incredible heat and pressure. This process delivers a unique Tanzite stone without the flaws or the cost of natural stone.
Easy to Install
The outside edges are screwed down, and the rest of the tiles simply float.
Any product used outdoors needs to be able to handle weather, temperature changes and resist the UV light from the sun. This is why stone has been used outdoors for millennia.
Stone Tile Decking
Tanzite STONEDECKS are built on the same basic structure as any other deck. Perfect for decks, rooftop patios, stairs, and walkways.
Tanzite STONEDECKS are flexible and lightweight to use on any deck application.
They can easily cover existing wood or vinyl decks, stairs, balconies, living space decks, and rooftops.
It can cover stairs and landings, concrete or paving stone, and be laid directly on the ground.
Explore our Decking Collections
Installed as easily as any composite, with clips, but with the durability of stones! Installs over any existing or new typical wood frame.SHOP APPALACHIAN
Waterproof decking that covers any typical existing, or new, wood structure! Also installs over concrete or directly on the ground.SHOP RAINIER
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Compare color, finishes, and materials, and see the aesthetics of Tanzite decking in your outdoor space.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.